Geldart Videos – Geldart fight videos are circulating on social media platforms
The mayor said it was regrettable that he had to accept the resignation. “I’m proud of the work we’ve done together over the past eight years, and I’m very grateful to Chris for his service to the city,” Bowser said. “Chris has been the most efficient and effective public servant I have known over the years in many roles.”
Bowser appointed Geldart to his current position on January 28, 2021. He previously served as regional operations manager during the COVID-19 emergency response and director of the Department of Public Works.
Previously, he served as director of the Department of Homeland Security and DC Emergency Management from 2012 to 2017.
The mayor’s office confirmed last week that Geldart, 53, is on leave pending review on Saturday, October 1. 1, charged with assault. He will appear in court on October 17, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
At 5:22 pm on Oct. On the 3rd, police were dispatched to the 3900 block of Wilson Boulevard for a report of an assault a few days ago.
Police determined that at approximately 12:25 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 1, Geldart and another man got into an argument when Geldart’s car door hit the other man’s car door.
The fight escalated and police said Geldart grabbed the other man by the throat. The investigators indicated that during the investigation, the suspect’s report was recorded and on Tuesday, October 4, the victim responded to the magistrate’s office, filed a criminal complaint and arrest warrant for assault and battery.
At the federal level, Geldart served as director of the National Capital Region Coordinating Office of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.